Schematic Symbol of Resistor
Posted by Circuit Negma on June 17, 2009
Created By: Hussein Nosair
RAR Archived file
The above picture is schematic representation/symbol of Resistor.
Unfortunately, my schematic software (PADS LOGIC) did not have such a component in its library; so I had to build the above component from scratch.
I used AutoCAD to build the above component and I save it as AutoCAD 12 DXF file.
To download the DXF file:
1. Click on the above image
2. Right Click on the Image
3. Save the image/picture to your harddisk
Extract the DXF File:
1. open winzip/winrar
2. File > open
3. browse to the save image file
1. Open WinZip
2. Drag the image and drop it off inside the WinZip software.
NOTE: If you cannot follow the above steps, please refer to the following post: Extract Files embedded in Pictures
Importing AutoCAD DXF file into PADS library:
1. Open PADS LAYOUT
2. File > Import > browse to the above DXF file.
3. Once PADS has imported the file, highlight (select everything) the above component.
4. Right click on the selected component > combine
5. Right Click on the selected component > Add to library
6. Give this new shape (component) a name.
7. Close PADS LAYOUT
And you are done.
1. Open PADS LOGIC
2. Tools > Part Editor
3. Click on Edit graphics in the Part Editor Toolbar
4. Click OK to the message
5. Hit the Page Down button a few times to zoom out the screen
6. Click on Add 2D line from Library from in the Symbol editor Toolbar
7. Locate the above drawing and click OK to add it to the screen.
Now, you just have to either add pins or create some kind of shape around the above drawing to create your own custom component.